ICP is a global consulting and services company helping brand owners and their partners achieve better marketing outcomes
ICP is seeking a Client Development Lead (CDL) to be part of our Growth & Marketing Team (GMT), taking responsibility for developing the pipeline of new account wins in Americas region, across all sectors, and to provide specific business development support on some of our existing accounts.
The role will be based in USA, through the Atlanta office, reporting to the Growth & Marketing Director with a strong working relationship with the new role created in the US based client partner team looking after ‘emerging clients’. Office, hybrid and home working will all be possible for this role. We do emphasise the importance of meeting regularly with teammates.
This is a new role at ICP, reflecting the excellent growth opportunities we have across all ICP service areas. Within the GMT team, we will fine-tune this role together (alongside the parallel EMEA based CDL role) to fit ICP’s cultural identity and the desired long term, authentic, helpful relationships we have with all our clients. Above all else, the role will be collaborative in the way you work alongside many subject matter experts from across the business, as well as our team of client partners, and our leadership.
Using authentic subject matter expertise and extensive experience, ICP elevates and enhances our clients' technology and business processes to create an optimized marketing ecosystem that delivers exceptional business results. We are experts in creative operations and production, delivering the best possible experiences for our clients' consumers and partners.
A - New account activity (50%):
• ICP has a growing platform of lead generation activities across web, social media, conference and events. You will be involved in supporting these
• The main focus of this role will be on the development of MQL and SQLs to proposal stage and winning the first project
• The role will collaborate with Emerging Client Partner through the sales cycle to prepare for effective handover when the first project is won
• You’ll be able to work with GMT team to refine aspects of our automated nurture activity, but primarily, you’ll take responsibility for the timely personal pursuit of all leads, across all sectors, bringing in ICP Subject Matter Experts as needed
• ICP is currently using HubSpot for marketing, socials, CRM, marketing automation, pipeline management
• You will in addition have the opportunity to get involved in sector campaign activity with GMT from planning to implementation, to help drive demand generation
B - Existing account activity (50%):
• ICP has a wonderful client list, and we are proud of our relationship with each one (check out our ‘work’ page for a sample of these)
• Our client partners will be selecting specific opportunities for growth within existing accounts (where we have excellent opportunities for cross-selling new services, exploring new geographic options, and brands within multi-brand business with new economic buyers). For example, you might be invited to collaborate on 1 or 2 ‘Top 6’ and / or several ‘Key 6’ accounts
• For these activities, you would collaborate closely with the relevant Client Partner to make progress, as you together have planned
C – KPIs
Whilst the role is highly collaborative, you’ll be motivated to hit and exceed regional financial targets for growth with a minimum of exceeding runrate of GDB 400k gross margin after 12 months in the role. Regional growth targets will be well in excess of this number. Remuneration programmes will incentivise this in our collaborative environment.
Key Experience & Skills
• Selling professional services in a sophisticated, marketing-related b2b environment to blue-chip clients
• Knowledge of some of ICP’s services, whether that’s from a consulting, managed services or production perspective, with appreciation of the use of marketing technology solutions (e.g. Digital Asset Management)
• Experience collaborating with a very wide range of stakeholders (junior to very senior) at client companies from marketing, procurement and IT / technical
• Up to date with current trends and highly curious around all aspects of marketing, advertising and Ecommerce, with the ability to link the specifics of digital marketing operations to the outcomes desired by our clients
• Open, collaborative, authentic communication style with all levels, leading to strong personal relationships that create client trust as well as trust with all ICP colleagues. This must be across written work, one to one meetings, and in more formal presentation environments
• Good knowledge of CRM systems (we use HubSpot), documenting all activities for the benefit of ICP colleagues and our clients
• Good experience of pitch process, with ability to lead a team to success, and be a team player contributing to success
• Above all, a super-positive outlook, the desire to learn and contribute in as many ways as possible to our growing, brilliant ICP team
• 10-12 years overall market experience including at least 3 or 4 years’ experience in a client-facing role
• Other experience histories will be considered if your skills and attitudes match
• For this role, we have a flexible attitude to your qualifications.
• It’s likely you will have relevant education to graduate level (perhaps including business or marketing), but we know that people arrive in this type of role from many disciplines and along many career paths.