Reports to: Production Practice Lead
We are looking for smart, curious people who love the challenge of solving problems. Do you thrive on putting things in order? Are you the type that works well within a team environment as well as on your own? If so, you may be who we are looking for.
The HTML5 Banner Designer will build digital advertising banners for mobile, tablet, desktop & e-commerce platforms using a combination of current technologies and software. The work will mostly consist of HTML5 animated banner advertising, animated GIFs with the requirement to also work on static creative content.
This person will be ICP’s Mexican Hub Digital Designer and will be confident in challenging assumptions and clearly articulating solutions. This person should have a can-do attitude and excellent communication skills, while collaborating with other ICP Hubs.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Creative skills with an exceptional understanding of design, layouts and animation techniques
- Must be able to use Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Animate with InDesign & Illustrator a bonus
- Other digital software packages including Google Web Designer and the ability to code in HTML5, CSS3 and Java Script
- Understanding of digital animation libraries including GreenSock
- Sizmek & DoubleClick Studio working experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- Ability to take a brief and interpret the client needs
- A proven problem solver
- Understanding of design, brand guidelines and device/publication specifications
- Experience working with complex guidelines including Apple, Amazon, LG and other device specs
- Extremely high attention to detail and technical understanding
- Ability to work on large scale fast turnaround production projects consistently and communicate timelines and best approaches to the Production Project Manager
- Other vital experience includes Cloud-based services (Dropbox/FTP/servers)
- Retouching of artwork is a key advantage
- Working knowledge of production workflow tools
- Previous experience in an online digital production environment. Minimum 2-3 years working with large global brands.
- Experience creating advertising and creative content banners with an exceptional eye for design and layout is essential with a skillset to build in a variety of technologies and methodologies
- Experience of banner development in a commercial environment, preferably a production agency
- Professional understanding of web standards and best practice in the area of HTML5 banner design
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written Spanish and English
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to multi-task and show enthusiasm for all aspects of the role
- Great attention to detail
- Proactive and creative problem solving
- Strong team player
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.