ICP is a worldwide leader in Content Operations, offering Solutions that deliver exceptional business outcomes for global brands such as Unilever, Diageo, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Starbucks, Coty, L’Oréal, NBCU, and Aetna.
Widely recognized for our deep subject matter expertise and experience across a wide range of industries, we elevate and enhance our clients’ content lifecycle technologies and business processes to orchestrate the frictionless flow of content across Marketing and Commerce ecosystems.
We offer integrated Solutions that leverage our expertise in Content Operations across Digital Asset Management, Digital Commerce, and Creative Operations. By unlocking business value through Strategy and Consulting, and maximizing its potential through Content Services and Production, we deliver the best possible experience for our clients, their partners, and customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic office Manager to join our team at our new office in West Midtown Atlanta! This will be a part-time role with an average of 30 hours per week.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
Open and ready the office for the day, ensuring that the office entry and general area are ready for visitors
Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen and pantries as well as the procurement of all snacks, beverages, and kitchen supplies
Respond and problem-solve to employee requests in a timely manner.
Maintain an organized and stocked supply area and order supplies as needed.
Assign key cards and submit parking forms for new hires and deactivate for terminations.
Liaise with the building and complete online work orders for general maintenance as needed.
Assist with office events, including branding, catering, and office set up and breakdown for client visits, social, wellness, and culture-building activities,
Manage office equipment maintenance, including scheduling service calls as needed.
Manage vendor billing (coffee, ice machine, etc.)
Manage parking pass distribution and other processes
Support HR and IT with employee on boarding activities
Manage in-office attendance planning and processes, collaborating with managers to plan seating arrangements and any employee accommodations, which may shift from one week to the next.
Other administrative duties as required
Key Experience & Skills
• Authenticity – Being present, honest and sincere goes a long way.
• Compassion – Doing the right thing means driving connection within our community and caring for one another.
• Focus on Service – Roll up those sleeves and tackle every problem with a can-do attitude. Remember, help will always be offered to those at ICP!
• Providing the Right Resources – Always find a way, you are incredibly capable.
• Earn Trust – We value consistency, reliability, accountability and constantly striving to be inclusive and diverse.
• Take Ownership – It’s important to approach your work with a sense of urgency and responsibility, we recognize that we must meet obligations and focus on positive outcomes.
• Partnership – Collaboration, respecting one another and aligning on your roles and responsibilities are a must.
• Creative Thinking – Last but not least, the willingness to learn and enjoyment of the problem-solving process are vital for our mission.
• 1+ years of industry experience in media, creative production, marketing, information science
• 1+ years of experience using a digital asset management system or other tech systems such as a digital library, CMS, PIM, or CRM
• Rigorous attention to detail when performing process-oriented tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication
Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with large data sets in Excel
Good understanding of media channels and file formats used by the client
The ability to multi-task with an interest in all aspects of the role
Able to work both independently and as a part of a world class team