ICP is a worldwide leader in Content Operations, offering Solutions that deliver exceptional business outcomes for global brands such as Unilever, Diageo, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Starbucks, Coty, L’Oréal, NBCU, and Aetna.
Widely recognized for our deep subject matter expertise and experience across a wide range of industries, we elevate and enhance our clients’ content lifecycle technologies and business processes to orchestrate the frictionless flow of content across Marketing and Commerce ecosystems.
We offer integrated Solutions that leverage our expertise in Content Operations across Digital Asset Management, Digital Commerce, and Creative Operations. By unlocking business value through Strategy and Consulting, and maximizing its potential through Content Services and Production, we deliver the best possible experience for our clients, their partners, and customers.
ICP is looking for a “next generation” Senior Omnichannel Content Strategist with e-commerce and digital shelf expertise. As a member of ICP’s Strategy & Consulting team, this Content Strategist will collaborate with clients and delivery teams to define and implement content recommendations for ICP’s portfolio of global Fortune 500 accounts.
The ideal candidate be deeply knowledgeable about the digital shelf spectrum from content strategy to execution and syndication and will have a holistic approach to the art and science of traditional and emerging areas of content expertise:
• Defining the words, images, audio, and video that brands use to communicate with their audiences, with a focus on supporting the shopper journey
• Maximizing ROI through sustainable content production, modular content, content re-use, scalability, and international extensibility, and application of data analytics for performance measurement and optimization of clients’ creative investments
• Driving findability through SEO, metadata, and tagging
• Refining voice-and-tone guidelines, and editorial processes and workflow
• Understanding storage and publication technologies including CMS, DAM, content distribution, syndication, and measurement.
The Senior Omnichannel Content Strategist role reports to the Consulting Practice Lead.
In collaboration with the Principal Consultants and Senior Consultants in all regions, Senior Omnichannel Content Strategist is the go-to person for the wider business when Omnichannel subject matter expertise and contribution is required as well as pro-actively working with other practice leaders or divisional leadership supporting critical processes to meet ICP’s business objectives.
• Provide easy-to-grasp expert recommendations for high-performance omnichannel text and visual content to senior client stakeholders.
• Conduct research and analysis: competitive, market, brand, user, and customer insight; content audits, content gap analyses, and keyword research; industry dynamics, best practice, and emerging practice research; stakeholder interviews and workshops; and synthesis of findings and presentation of insights and recommendations
• Define and communicate omnichannel content strategies for key and emerging content opportunities (e.g., video, AR/VR, voice, Metaverse, etc.) based on synthesizing business objectives, brand expression, user needs and consumer behaviors, production and operational requirements, and technology considerations.
• Define, codify, and communicate best practices for visual and textual communications, with an emphasis on the shopper journey, reinforced by effective editorial governance.
• Develop and implement content performance benchmarks and metrics, measurement processes and tools, optimization routines and test-and-learn practices.
• Ensure findability through SEO, metadata, keywords
• Provide hands-on consultancy leadership in both billable and non-billable projects across the consulting engagements.
• Be the consulting subject matter expert in combining technology consulting expertise with other consulting capabilities to envision, shape and deliver end-to-end consulting solutions for clients. These other consulting capabilities include (but not limited to) strategy consulting, continuous delivery transformation, tactical planning, change management, data analytics, programme management and industry domain consulting, etc.
• Act as internal sounding board and key peer reviewer for your team of consultants as well as an escalation point and senior stakeholder point-of-contact for our client partners where applicable.
• Develop, implement, and continually refine the coherent consulting approach and appropriate frameworks that includes consulting engagement methodologies, toolkits, delivery artefacts, etc.
• Support the Consulting Practice Lead as well as regional marketing teams by contributing to strategy and execution of marketing & thought leadership initiatives.
• Support wider consulting & advisory initiatives in ICP by working closely with the Marketing & Growth practice, as well as Client Partners, support business development & customer acquisition activities such as pitches, proposals, writing statements of work, proposal / RFI / RFP content.
• Internal and external mindshare development through industry blogs, white papers, speaking at industry events, etc.
• Empower your team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
• Actively nurture, coach, and mentor junior members of the team & in ICP. Contribute to the development of Practice members’ skills to ensure a consistency of service delivery and expertise.
• Help develop thought leadership and subject matter expertise in Omnichannel Content and related topics.
Practice Initiatives & Development:
• Lead & own practice initiatives, such as consulting rotation training program, develop & refine knowledge management database, establish practice program for engagement debriefs case studies and knowledge sharing which can be accessible to the entire business, etc.
• Be the ambassador of the consulting practice, be proactive, creative & innovative in improving current ways of working within the practice and promoting consulting’s work for other practices’ inspiration.
Key Experience & Skills
It is essential you bring the following:
• Visionary thinking to actively contribute to the development of consulting business in MarTech and/or Creative Operations context.
• Sophisticated commercial acumen, to develop and win new business partnerships with clients and secure long-term, high-value relationships.
• Master level skills in MarTech and Omnichannel understanding, design strategy, white space thinking, ideation, strategic market evaluation and opportunity landscaping, delivering insights at C-level.
• Ability to operate as a trusted advisor for both internal and external senior stakeholders.
• Proven ability to coach, motivate and boost confidence and necessary skills of junior and senior consultants
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing successful omnichannel content strategies for a variety of industries with a focus on shopper behaviors, ecommerce, and digital shelf in at least two of three areas: B2B, B2C, D2C.
• Equally adept at understanding how to use visual content and textual content to communicate.
• Expertise in content research and digital best practices with the ability to shape insights into actionable, measurable content plans, define content measurement frameworks, analyze content performance, and identify competitive risks and opportunities.
• Expert cross-functional collaborator and facilitator, excellent at stakeholder management, communications, presentation, and persuasion.
• Experience defining and developing editorial processes, voice-and-tone guidelines, and user-centered brand messaging.
• Working knowledge of CMS and DAM platforms, taxonomy, structured content, meta data, and SEO.
• A thought leader who can inspire clients and in-house teams to evolve with the content landscape championing modular content development, sustainable re-use and extensibility, and scalability through automation and AI/ML.
• A process-oriented contributor who can evolve and optimize content operations and management practices.
• 5+ years’ experience in digital content strategy in an agency or consulting environment, client-side and international experience a plus
• 5+ years’ experience creating content for ecommerce – B2B, B2C, D2C
• 5+ years stakeholder management and client-facing presentation experience
• Creative and dynamic problem-solver with strong analytical skills and enthusiasm for experimentation, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is committed to excellence.
• Highly organized self-starter equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively, able to handle multiple projects, short timelines, and able to pivot easily when direction changes
• Experience with creating content for social media
It is helpful if you also have:
• Expertise across technology domains such as cloud, master data, business intelligence, consumer insights, business analytics, enterprise automation, etc.
• Industry experiences in either/or: FMCG/CPG, pharma/health care, retail, automotive, technology, hospitality, entertainment sectors.
• A strong grasp of Ecommerce/e-tailing, digital shelf, digital & social marketing, qualitative & quantitative research methodologies, MarTech/digital innovation, and marketing concepts and themes.